A_MachineLifeForm

Final Fantasy XV Installation Stuck At 0%

Question

A_MachineLifeForm
Posted (edited)

@ShivShubh

@THE KNIGHT

Hi There ! I'm New To CorePack.

Finally, I'm Managed To Buy A Decent Gaming PC Though Not So Great.

i3 7100  I  GTX 1050 Ti 4GB  I  8GB  I  1TB

2 Days Ago I Downloaded Final Fantasy XV From Here https://corepacks.com/index.php?/topic/49422-final-fantasy-xv-windows-edition-v-1213041-all-dlcs-multiplayer-multi11-4k-movies-pack-4k-textures-pack-corepack-from-455-gb/

I Downloaded All Parts Except Japanese Optional Video , Torrent , And 4K Stuff.

After Successfully Downloading And Extracting All .RAR Files, I Put All Of Them Together On A Folder. Then Run The Setup.EXE As Administrator.

The Setup Launched, The Menu Theme Looks Like Windows 8 Menu. I Feel A Little Confused At The Beginning. But Lately Get Used To It. I Changed The Installation Destination To A Folder In Drive D And Untick Download VCRedist And Japanese Video, Then Proceed.

The Installation Begins. 40 Minutes Have Passed, But Still Showing 0%. I Checked The Installation Folder, The Setup Create 180.000+ Folders Inside A Folder Called Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, But There's No File Inside It. I Also Checked Properties Which Shows There Are 180.000+ Folders Inside. But, The Entire Folder Size Only 2.000 KB ?? I Talk To Myself WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE. I Don't Want To Re-Download All Files Again. I Have Used 95% Of My Monthly Data Bandwidth.

In My Opinion, I Think There Is Something Blocked The Decompression Tool Or Something Evil Prevent Me To Install The Game.

Anyone Got Any Idea ? Any Help Will Be Appreciated.

EDIT

Sorry, I Forgot To Add A Few More Details. I'm Using Windows 10 64Bit, Downloaded 3 Days Ago From Microsoft Site. Have VCRedist 2008-2019 Installed , Latest NVIDIA Drivers And CCleaner. All Settings Is Still Fresh Except Virtual Memory Set To 8192MB. Also Before Begin Installation, I Have Disabled Windows Defender And Windows FireWall. And Also I Turned Off Internet Connection While Installing.

Edited by A_MachineLifeForm

8 answers to this question

THE KNIGHT

turn off any protection running

A_MachineLifeForm
24 minutes ago, THE KNIGHT said:

turn off any protection running

Uhh.. Sorry I Don't Quite Understand What Did You Mean Exactly. I Don't Have Any AntiVirus Installed Besides Windows Stuff. I Have Disabled Windows Defender And FireWall As I Mentioned In EDIT 1.

THE KNIGHT

It seems that there is something blocking the extracting tools , so AV or win defender or , ....

BTW

dont install in ' C ' 

make sure u have enough space

and dont run any other app

the game is tested and played by  more than 100,000 user without any issue , and that means you are missing something

A_MachineLifeForm
30 minutes ago, THE KNIGHT said:

It seems that there is something blocking the extracting tools , so AV or win defender or , ....

BTW

dont install in ' C ' 

make sure u have enough space

and dont run any other app

the game is tested and played by  more than 100,000 user without any issue , and that means you are missing something

I Have Mentioned It Before, I Change The Installation Destination To Drive D.

I Have 150GB Free Space On Drive C And 700GB Free On Drive D.

Only Running The EXE Setup.

Yeah I Feel Like I'm The Only One Got This Problem.

BTW...

HEY ITS WORKING NOW !!

There Is A Settings That Prevent The Setup From Installing. It's Called... Uh..... Something Called Real-Time.

CASE CLOSED

Thanks For Your Help @THE KNIGHT !

Love You Mwah ♥️

• Upvote 1

aldo1910

Congrats bro. Just wanna add some of my thought here.

I'm not an expert in this, but I learn something here, that even tho you set your Virtual RAM (i think what you mean is virtual memory or paging files) to 8192MB, you manage to finish your installation.

I've always thought that this compression/decompression thing always requires a large virtual memory, in my experience 8GB RAM requires double size virtual memory, at least 16384MB. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But in your case, it is not. 👍

Gotta test it myself if I had a chance.

Edited by aldo1910

A_MachineLifeForm
41 minutes ago, aldo1910 said:

Congrats bro. Just wanna add some of my thought here.

I'm not an expert in this, but I learn something here, that even tho you set your Virtual RAM (i think what you mean is virtual memory or paging files) to 8192MB, you manage to finish your installation.

I've always thought that this compression/decompression thing always requires a large virtual memory, in my experience 8GB RAM requires double size virtual memory, at least 16384MB. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But in your case, it is not. 👍

Gotta test it myself if I had a chance.

Yeah ! That's What I Meant. Thanks For Correcting.

Actually.. I Don't Quite Understand What Is Virtual Memory, And How It Works. I Just Followed An Instructions Somewhere, That You Have To Set The Virtual Memory Twice Your RAM Size. I Set The VM Twice The Size Of My RAM At First. Then Changed It To Half. Worrying About An Unexpected Heat.

But There's Something I Need To Know, Wether Adjusting The Virtual Memory Affect Game Performance ?

Edited by A_MachineLifeForm

•-ST∆RBOY™-•
1 hour ago, A_MachineLifeForm said:

Yeah ! That's What I Meant. Thanks For Correcting.

Actually.. I Don't Quite Understand What Is Virtual Memory, And How It Works. I Just Followed An Instructions Somewhere, That You Have To Set The Virtual Memory Twice Your RAM Size. I Set The VM Twice The Size Of My RAM At First. Then Changed It To Half. Worrying About An Unexpected Heat.

But There's Something I Need To Know, Wether Adjusting The Virtual Memory Affect Game Performance ?

Yes,changing the virtual memory do affect the game performance because the computer use the virtual memory when the ram is full..But the ram is much faster than virtual memory.

A_MachineLifeForm
8 hours ago, •-ST∆RBOY™-• said:

Yes,changing the virtual memory do affect the game performance because the computer use the virtual memory when the ram is full..But the ram is much faster than virtual memory.

Thanks For Answering.

I Did Some Search Before, That Virtual Memory Is Something That Used Hard Drive As Temporary Extra RAM. And That Method Was Used When RAM Prices Are Expensive.

So That's Why My C Drive Was Adds And Subtracts Randomly As I Noticed.

• Like 1