Jump to content
Maguia

The Sims 4 ISDone.dll error

Recommended Posts

Maguia

I'm sorry if I made another thread about this it's just that most solutions that are already posted here aren't working and I haven't found someone yet to help me.

So I downloaded this using torrent. 

Here are the things that I did to fix it but didn't worked.

- Forced Recheck in uTorrent

- Changed the compatibility of Setup.exe to Windows 7 

- Renamed the Folder to The Sims 4

- Turned off the AV

- Check the files using the option inside the Setup.exe

- Tried installing in Safe Mode

 

Here are the I did things which I'm not sure if it affects the installation.

- Install the game in a backup/partition drive (not where the OS is installed.)

*Tried installing on C:/ but still, the problem persist.

- Turned off internet.

 

Once the error pops out, the installation won't progress anymore. 

Webp.net-compress-image.thumb.jpg.5ea8bd01db9a67a5d89d9fe60a759c51.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKirito

Which antivirus do you have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maguia
9 hours ago, SKirito said:

Which antivirus do you have?

Eset and Smadav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKirito
4 hours ago, Maguia said:

Eset and Smadav

You have 2 antivirus ? Nice ! 😂

Well this problem is more likely due to the antivirus. Some times disabling doesn't help you've to get rid of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cortana 5
Posted (edited)

Maguia, try re-downloading the game again, but this time, afterward update all the driver on your PC before attempting another install of the game. Sometimes when an error like this occurs, it's because a file was corrupted during the download or your system cannot recognize the files unpacking, so update your drivers and re-download the game. If this doesn't work, then try a different repack. I also installed this game and I didn't have any virus issues, but maybe it's because I know what I'm doing.

Edited by Cortana 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maguia
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cortana 5 said:

Maguia, try re-downloading the game again, but this time, afterward update all the driver on your PC before attempting another install of the game. Sometimes when an error like this occurs, it's because a file was corrupted during the download or your system cannot recognize the files unpacking, so update your drivers and re-download the game. If this doesn't work, then try a different repack. I also installed this game and I didn't have any virus issues, but maybe it's because I know what I'm doing.

My drivers are all updated. I'll try to download the game again but I won't be able to give an update soon since my DL speed is quite slow and it will take me like 12 hrs to finish the download. Will update you soon. Thanks!

Edited by Maguia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SNK
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Maguia said:

My drivers are all updated. I'll try to download the game again but I won't be able to give an update soon since my DL speed is quite slow and it will take me like 12 hrs to finish the download. Will update you soon. Thanks!

its not driver issue. For me it happened because of just one reason. i was getting out space, like game installation needed 30gb and i had like 40 gb but it would still gave error. so i deleted extra stuff and made it double extra space. 😞  and it happened in just one game(not this one) for me from corepack. as i have installed dozens of games i never got the issue again.  ... And when you downloaded using torrent and then you forced rechecked. then there is 0% chance of getting corrupt files. so like someone said delete those antivirus. and try again. 

 

PS. i use kasper internet secuirty. and it always stays on.

Edited by SNK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maguia
4 hours ago, SNK said:

its not driver issue. For me it happened because of just one reason. i was getting out space, like game installation needed 30gb and i had like 40 gb but it would still gave error. so i deleted extra stuff and made it double extra space. 😞  and it happened in just one game(not this one) for me from corepack. as i have installed dozens of games i never got the issue again.  ... And when you downloaded using torrent and then you forced rechecked. then there is 0% chance of getting corrupt files. so like someone said delete those antivirus. and try again. 

 

PS. i use kasper internet secuirty. and it always stays on.

 

I tried to install it in two of my partitions one is where my OS is installed which has 200 GB of size and the other one has 700 GB of free space. In both drives, both failed. I as well download other repack games  before and this was the first time I encountered this issue. 

 

I deleted my antivirus (the one that only remains is Windows Defender) still, the installation fails. 

 

I'm downloading again the file and will give an update soon. Thank you guys for your replies.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kopstar82
Posted (edited)

taken from somwhere else but worth a try

Try deleting all the stuff from the Temp folder in Windows. Don't change the default installation path when you try to install the repack. Make sure you're not installing it from a weird place like Users folder or Downloads folder. If that's the case then copy the repack to your 😄 Drive and install from there

One last thing to try. Just locate the unarc.dll file in your Windows folder, don't delete it but remove it from its location and try installing the repack again. Oh and make sure to put unarc.dll back where it was, if the installation fails.

and have you got origin installed ??

also have a check of these for solutions here on good old corepack

 

 

Edited by Kopstar82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maguia
On 6/5/2019 at 3:07 AM, Kopstar82 said:

taken from somwhere else but worth a try

Try deleting all the stuff from the Temp folder in Windows. Don't change the default installation path when you try to install the repack. Make sure you're not installing it from a weird place like Users folder or Downloads folder. If that's the case then copy the repack to your 😄 Drive and install from there

One last thing to try. Just locate the unarc.dll file in your Windows folder, don't delete it but remove it from its location and try installing the repack again. Oh and make sure to put unarc.dll back where it was, if the installation fails.

and have you got origin installed ??

also have a check of these for solutions here on good old corepack

 

 

 

Hello!

I don't have Origin installed. I reformatted my laptop and I can install now other apps easily. I'll try to install Sims 4 again and will give an update soon. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maguia
Posted (edited)

@Kopstar82 @SNK @Cortana 5

Yup. Still got the error lol.

I tried to re-download the game. Heck I even reinstalled my windows, updated my drivers, turn off my anti-virus and all. 

 

Tried all the suggestions @Kopstar82 gave but it still got the error. 

 

I've deleted the installer. I'm done. lol

Edited by Maguia
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kopstar82

sorry we couldnt help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maguia
18 minutes ago, Kopstar82 said:

sorry we couldnt help

Nope. Thank you for trying to help. Maybe this game is not really for me. 🙂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maguia

@Kopstar82 @SNK @Cortana 5

wait omg.

I lied. I didn't delete the game. (it took me 12 hrs to download it soo)

I don't know what happened but the error is now gone. 😮

Edited by Maguia
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...