Sign in to follow this  
livingdeath

Game Issues Section Redefined

livingdeath

Topic Subject :
Game Issues Section Modification.

I am going through game issues everytime i log onto CP. and I found certain pattern among topics.

A) Current Scenario

B) How To improve section ?

C) Comment your suggestion.

A) Current Scenario:

1. Most issues are regarding isdone.dll/unarc.dll errors.
2. Member posted the issue and never replied back.
3. User never followed up on issue , he/she posted.
4. CP Staff helped with member's issue but member didn't mark it as "SOLVED".

Game issues section is flooding with such topic and I want to divert attention on that section.

B) How TO improve section ?

1. We already have detailed Tutorial on "How to Fix isdone.dll/unarc.dll errors".
2. There should be a defined time limit (obviously long one) for Game issues topics.

2.1 IF USER DOESN'T REPLY WITHIN THAT TIME LIMIT , TOPIC SHOULD BE CLOSED/LOCKED/HIDDEN/DELETED.

2.2 IF STAFF SOLVED PROBLEM --> IT MUST BE MARKED AS "SOLVED" AND MOVED TO RESPECTIVE SUB-SECTION.

C) Comment your suggestions to improve "GAME ISSUES" section.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Sorcerer Subhan

A) Current Scenario:

1. Most issues are regarding isdone.dll/unarc.dll errors.
2. Member posted the issue and never replied back.
3. User never followed up on issue , he/she posted.
4. CP Staff helped with member's issue but member didn't mark it as "SOLVED".

IT is clear most of members post ON game issue topic just to gain REPS ! 

HOW WE CAN IMPROVE ?   well by not taking this issue seriously and willing to help anyone at any Scenario 

• Like 1

Gajan

First thing,most of the people foolishly upvote instead of using the arrows to the left of the profile,which is the actual pointer to the usefulness of the question,also the people seeking help usually go dead within 12 hours,no matter how people try to help,they just don't care replying.Secondly,in case if some people get their problems solved from somewhere else,they don't bother mentioning it in the topic,which is why it is not possible to close it.

Cyber Phantom

I was thinking about cleansing the game issues section and implement a proper system to make solving your problems more efficient. @livingdeath you think you can divert enough time to Index all the solved problems and provide links to them in a single post. I'll talk with admins to find a way to make the system more reliable and helpful

PS. before doing anything just PM me

PsYcHo_RaGE
1 hour ago, Cyber Phantom said:

I was thinking about cleansing the game issues section and implement a proper system to make solving your problems more efficient. @livingdeath you think you can divert enough time to Index all the solved problems and provide links to them in a single post. I'll talk with admins to find a way to make the system more reliable and helpful

PS. before doing anything just PM me

its like arrghhhhh!
since its about game issues which is having voting + questioning system of ipb. no offense, you can't make this system good but you can try. trust me buddy i have seen this everywhere and they even can't do anything other than trying..whatever now do two things keep an eye on game issues section + its sub-sections and ask admins to implement Automation rules system to this site which is for ipb and having a lots of rule packs + expansions included that thing can help ya guys better, trust me ?

HOPE IS STILL!

Edited by ReXX_RaGE

Drownedwalk1622

I have an idea. Why not put a 'error and issues' section for respective games(which will be accessible only through that game's download page)? That time period idea is good. Also when users make a topic they often forget to click 'notify me in reply'. Is there any ways to get rid of that button while making topic in issues section? Cause sometimes it feels like nobody replied to their topic as there's no notification.