ShivShubh

Questions Regarding 2 Installers (setup.exe & setup2.exe)

ShivShubh

So thanks to @-PUNISHΞR- for informing me about questions being raised to the usage of 2 installers in some of the old repacks.

• Q. Why setup.exe and setup2.exe have different sizes, one small and the other larger ?
  • A. Both installers are based on completely different engines, one is Inno and the larger one is Delphi (ASC by Razor12911).

• Q. Why the usage of 2 installers anyway ?
  • A. Thats for the sake of users, in case one installer fails (Popuar Inno ISDone errors), the second one will work. And fortunately it has actually helped many users in succesfully installing the repacks. There are cases when ISDone errors popup randomly and you just don't know what is causing that to occur.

Why this topic ? See below :-

setup110.png

setup210.png

So unfortunately helping users by providing 2 installers can be harmful at times. Idiots like these are dumb enough to consider BCM as a bitcoin miner tool often found in FitGirl repacks, which it is not. BCM is a context mixer (CM) compressor and not a bitcoin miner.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Kartikeya.Narayan
Posted (edited)

@ShivShubh Some of the FG repacks also have two installers (one for Intel and one for AMD processors which is slower on installation).

For example, FG Repack of Mass Effect Andromeda v1.10

But no one makes any fuss over that , instead they let FG blame AMD for their processors rather than admitting her/his own fault ! Which sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. Whereas CorePack doing the same thing turns up so many conspiracy theories (bitcoin miners, virus, end of the freaking world !!!).  What has this world come to ...unbelievable ! 

I don't think any of her repacks contain Bitcoin miner but neither do ours , period !

Edited by Kartikeya.Narayan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Dishonored DOTO
1 hour ago, Kartikeya.Narayan said:

@ShivShubh Some of the FG repacks also have two installers (one for Intel and one for AMD processors which is slower on installation).

For example, FG Repack of Mass Effect Andromeda v1.10

But no one makes any fuss over that , instead they let FG blame AMD for their processors rather than admitting her/his own fault ! Which sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. Whereas CorePack doing the same thing turns up so many conspiracy theories (bitcoin miners, virus, end of the freaking world !!!).  What has this world come to ...unbelievable ! 

I don't think any of her repacks contain Bitcoin miner but neither do ours , period !

I SWEAR THEY LOVE HER RPACKS ONLY BECAUSE fit"'GIRRRRRLLLLL"

thats all 

lol my friend has an 1920x threadripper because he needs it for work and gaming also, corepacks repacks are damn fast to install tried her i remember wildlands it took him " a little more time then it should be excpected from a 1920x its not making much diff but her repacks are so much compressed even a threadripper won't help you  as you want XD

corepacks have their own fans already one month three even a year  they will get bored from her repacks 100% cpu use and slow issue with upcoming games

remember tombe rider i installed her because a friend had it i wanted to save time had the i-4690k never saw that in my hole life it reached 100% 75c

never happend in my life and i can show proofs

cloudval
2 hours ago, ShivShubh said:

Idiots like these are dumb enough to consider BCM a bitcoin miner tool often found in ******* repacks, which they are not. They are context mixer (CM) compressor. 

^ come on man, you are supposed to be the grownup here. don't go accusing without proof. 

ShivShubh
32 minutes ago, cloudval said:

^ come on man, you are supposed to be the grownup here. don't go accusing without proof. 

Proof for what ? I am not accusing FG for having bitcoin miners instead I am saying her repacks doesnt have miners. I read comments about FG repacks a while ago on CrackWatch about having miners. Turns out they were talking about this tool called bcm.exe which is a context mixer compressor and not a bitcoin miner tool.

• Like 1

MrGamerAI™

pretty-good-gif-4.gif

NORO
1 hour ago, cloudval said:

read twice before commenting something

ReXX_RaGE
Posted (edited)

If you don't know what to do and what is a mining software and how to detect it then here is the good thing for you?

How to tell if your computer is secretly mining cryptocurrency, and what to do about it?

Your computer could be secretly mining cryptocurrency—piggybacking on your computer’s processing power to confirm transactions and generate new and potentially lucrative coins—and you wouldn’t even be profiting from it. Incidents of malware containing crypto-mining tools have surged six-fold this year, according to IBM Managed Security Services. Here’s how to find out if you’ve been unwittingly committing your computing power to enrich someone else.

Check your CPU usage

Open a resource monitor on your computer to check if CPU usage is abnormally high. On a Mac that’s Activity Monitor, and on Windows it’s Task Manager.

If you see a spike in CPU usage when visiting a particular website that shouldn’t really be that taxing on your processor; or if you have everything closed but CPU usage is still super high, then you may have a crypto mining malware problem. It’s hard to say what “normal” CPU usage looks like, since computer processing power and the applications people run vary so much, but a suddenly elevated level of CPU usage would indicate an abnormal increase in demand for processing power.

browser_crypto_mining_eset.png

Ad-blockers can help…

Your computer can be hijacked for mining by visiting a particular website or having an infected advertisement displayed in it, as researchers at security software vendor ESET have detailed.

If that’s the case, once you leave that website or close the tab, the mining stops. For more peace of mind, you can also block Javascript from running on a site known to be infected by simply using the default privacy and content controls in your browser.

Ad-blocking software can also filter out known types of in-browser miners. One such mining script is called Coin Hive, which isn’t necessarily malware. It can be embedded in websites without the knowledge of a visitor, although its developers encourage website owners to disclose the script’s presence to users.

One ad-blocking software, AdGuard, will scan a site to see if Coin Hive is running on it and alert you to it. AdBlock Plus, a browser extension, suggests adding a filter to its built-in blocking options that targets Coin Hive.

But not if it’s this type of malware

Researchers at IBM have found a more sophisticated class of surreptitious mining software that penetrates your system. These are delivered through infected image files or by clicking on links leading to a malicious site. Such attacks tend to target enterprise networks, IBM found, so get in touch with your IT person for help.

If your system is infected, you should detect a degradation in performance, in which case fire up Activity Monitor or Task Manager to check your CPU usage. You can then identify the process that’s eating up all those compute cycles and terminate it from your resource monitor, says Dave McMillen of IBM Managed Security Services, who authored the research on secret crypto miners.

atlas_By_B9f6fj_Z_2x.png

Are these things mining bitcoin?

No, because bitcoin requires far too much computational power to be mined profitably this way, even if millions of ordinary computers were hijacked. Bitcoin miners today operate vast data centers containing thousands of machines specifically built—down to the chips—for mining bitcoin.

Instead, these miners most commonly try to generate Monero, a privacy-centric coin with a current market value of $1.3 billion. Like other cryptocurrencies, it has surged in value this year, from around $15 in January to a high of $140 in early September.

Some crypto mining in the browser is legit

Some websites are experimenting with in-browser mining as a revenue stream to replace advertising. The Pirate Bay, for example, experimented with that earlier this week with Coin Hive. “We really want to get rid of all the ads,” the site’s administrators wrote. “But we also need enough money to keep the site running.”

Edited by ReXX_RaGE
  • Like 1

Drownedwalk1622
1 hour ago, ReXX_RaGE said:

If you don't know what to do and what is a mining software and how to detect it then here is the good thing for you?

How to tell if your computer is secretly mining cryptocurrency, and what to do about it?

Your computer could be secretly mining cryptocurrency—piggybacking on your computer’s processing power to confirm transactions and generate new and potentially lucrative coins—and you wouldn’t even be profiting from it. Incidents of malware containing crypto-mining tools have surged six-fold this year, according to IBM Managed Security Services. Here’s how to find out if you’ve been unwittingly committing your computing power to enrich someone else.

Check your CPU usage

Open a resource monitor on your computer to check if CPU usage is abnormally high. On a Mac that’s Activity Monitor, and on Windows it’s Task Manager.

If you see a spike in CPU usage when visiting a particular website that shouldn’t really be that taxing on your processor; or if you have everything closed but CPU usage is still super high, then you may have a crypto mining malware problem. It’s hard to say what “normal” CPU usage looks like, since computer processing power and the applications people run vary so much, but a suddenly elevated level of CPU usage would indicate an abnormal increase in demand for processing power.

browser_crypto_mining_eset.png

Ad-blockers can help…

Your computer can be hijacked for mining by visiting a particular website or having an infected advertisement displayed in it, as researchers at security software vendor ESET have detailed.

If that’s the case, once you leave that website or close the tab, the mining stops. For more peace of mind, you can also block Javascript from running on a site known to be infected by simply using the default privacy and content controls in your browser.

Ad-blocking software can also filter out known types of in-browser miners. One such mining script is called Coin Hive, which isn’t necessarily malware. It can be embedded in websites without the knowledge of a visitor, although its developers encourage website owners to disclose the script’s presence to users.

One ad-blocking software, AdGuard, will scan a site to see if Coin Hive is running on it and alert you to it. AdBlock Plus, a browser extension, suggests adding a filter to its built-in blocking options that targets Coin Hive.

But not if it’s this type of malware

Researchers at IBM have found a more sophisticated class of surreptitious mining software that penetrates your system. These are delivered through infected image files or by clicking on links leading to a malicious site. Such attacks tend to target enterprise networks, IBM found, so get in touch with your IT person for help.

If your system is infected, you should detect a degradation in performance, in which case fire up Activity Monitor or Task Manager to check your CPU usage. You can then identify the process that’s eating up all those compute cycles and terminate it from your resource monitor, says Dave McMillen of IBM Managed Security Services, who authored the research on secret crypto miners.

atlas_By_B9f6fj_Z_2x.png

Are these things mining bitcoin?

No, because bitcoin requires far too much computational power to be mined profitably this way, even if millions of ordinary computers were hijacked. Bitcoin miners today operate vast data centers containing thousands of machines specifically built—down to the chips—for mining bitcoin.

Instead, these miners most commonly try to generate Monero, a privacy-centric coin with a current market value of $1.3 billion. Like other cryptocurrencies, it has surged in value this year, from around $15 in January to a high of $140 in early September.

Some crypto mining in the browser is legit

Some websites are experimenting with in-browser mining as a revenue stream to replace advertising. The Pirate Bay, for example, experimented with that earlier this week with Coin Hive. “We really want to get rid of all the ads,” the site’s administrators wrote. “But we also need enough money to keep the site running.”

Bro put this in tutorial section. This will be helpful I think :)

** but sometimes 'superfetch' also have high memory usage.......is there any remedy for it???

• Upvote 1

ReXX_RaGE
43 minutes ago, Drownedwalk1622 said:

Bro put this in tutorial section. This will be helpful I think ?

** but sometimes 'superfetch' also have high memory usage.......is there any remedy for it??

yes i will if i got some time and will help you out if you are stuck somewhere just DM me on discord

Drownedwalk1622
15 minutes ago, ReXX_RaGE said:

yes i will if i got some time and will help you out if you are stuck somewhere just DM me on discord

actually, I'm not stuck...it's just sometimes it goes it of hand ?

cloudval

On 7/10/2018 at 10:34 PM, ShivShubh said:

"which it is not"

sorry, missed this part

Merdoo

ty