Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Latest Releases

Assassins Creed III Remastered [Day One Patch + All DLCs + MULTi13] 9.1GB - CorePack V1 | AVAILABLE!

Borderlands - Game of the Year Enhanced Edition [MULTi6] - From 5.8 GB | AVAILABLE!

Borderlands : The Pre-Sequel - Remastered [7 DLCs + MULTi8] - From 7.5 GB | AVAILABLE!

Ni no Kuni™ II: REVENANT KINGDOM - The Tale of a Timeless Tome [v4.0 + 7 DLCs + MULTi7]

South Park: The Fractured But Whole  Gold Edition

World War Z [MULTi10] - 15.1 GB | AVAILABLE !

THE KNIGHT

The Godfather Duology - CorePack | 5.5 GB

THE KNIGHT
      36 minutes ago, BoxCZ said:

Hello, are any of you experiencing problems on win10 even with the movie folder renamed and compatibility settings changed with administrator launch?  I tried it like 10 times and it still crashes after showing me the main menu without the options.

Thank you for any help.

In Godfather , if game crashes after start , or  stuck in a car , use the fix in fix folder 

for win 10 users , if game still crash rename the "movies" folder to "_movies"  , Run it with Windows XP compatibility as an administrator

demTICKSdoe

I can't get the game to run in Windows 10. I've renamed the movies folder, tried Windows XP SP1 and SP2 compatibility modes as administrator. Attempted with and without the fix. Every time the game loads to a black screen or it starts to show the intro video and then crashes. Anyone found a fix that works?

demTICKSdoe

I'm not sure if this is allowed but I found a fix for Windows 10 users. https://github.com/CookiePLMonster/SilentPatchGF/releases Booted up with no issues, still using Windows XP SP2 compatibility as administrator.

"This early 2006 game shipped with a movie player using an obscure DirectDraw feature - hardware overlays. Unfortunately for users, Windows XP was the last OS to support those, so when Windows Vista came out in late 2006, The Godfather would start crashing on launch! Every next Windows release followed, so the only way to play this game without being forced to remove videos (and thus lose some content) is to play on 2000 or XP!

SilentPatch aims to fix this annoyance, so now movie player works flawlessly on any operating system. This is not the only fix included, however.

Fixes featured in this plugin:

CRASH AND BUG FIXES:
              * Movie player has been rewritten to work on any operating system
              * Game has been disallowed from writing registry keys to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - those writes were relayed to VirtualStore, potentially creating hard to troubleshoot crashes

QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS:
              * In addition to making movie player usable, it now can be configured to preserve aspect ratio of displayed movies instead of stretching them. Refer to SilentPatchGF INI file for more details
              * An option to skip intro movies has been added to SilentPatchGF INI file * An option to change FPS cap has been added to SilentPatchGF INI file (game defaults to 30FPS, but it appears like using 60FPS does not cause any major issues)
              * Log file has been relocated to main game directory - so game does not attempt to write to C:\ when it crashes
              * Game is now fully portable - dependency on installation path in registry has been removed
              * Game now defaults to desktop resolution on the first launch - so it will not default to 800x600 anymore"

*Edit* Added description from SilentPatchGF ReadMe.txt

Edited by demTICKSdoe
      • Upvote 1

Bobinho

thank you, but the godfather 1 does not seem to work on windows 10. At the moment we see appear godfather in the background, the game crash (file renamed etc)

And for the Godfather 2, I would have liked to put the game in French thanks to a program of a site of patch fr, but I have an error message, it does not find the file which it must modify to change language.

uri4578
      On 4/13/2018 at 12:30 AM, demTICKSdoe said:

I'm not sure if this is allowed but I found a fix for Windows 10 users. https://github.com/CookiePLMonster/SilentPatchGF/releases Booted up with no issues, still using Windows XP SP2 compatibility as administrator.

"This early 2006 game shipped with a movie player using an obscure DirectDraw feature - hardware overlays. Unfortunately for users, Windows XP was the last OS to support those, so when Windows Vista came out in late 2006, The Godfather would start crashing on launch! Every next Windows release followed, so the only way to play this game without being forced to remove videos (and thus lose some content) is to play on 2000 or XP!

SilentPatch aims to fix this annoyance, so now movie player works flawlessly on any operating system. This is not the only fix included, however.

Fixes featured in this plugin:

CRASH AND BUG FIXES:
              * Movie player has been rewritten to work on any operating system
              * Game has been disallowed from writing registry keys to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - those writes were relayed to VirtualStore, potentially creating hard to troubleshoot crashes

QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS:
              * In addition to making movie player usable, it now can be configured to preserve aspect ratio of displayed movies instead of stretching them. Refer to SilentPatchGF INI file for more details
              * An option to skip intro movies has been added to SilentPatchGF INI file * An option to change FPS cap has been added to SilentPatchGF INI file (game defaults to 30FPS, but it appears like using 60FPS does not cause any major issues)
              * Log file has been relocated to main game directory - so game does not attempt to write to C:\ when it crashes
              * Game is now fully portable - dependency on installation path in registry has been removed
              * Game now defaults to desktop resolution on the first launch - so it will not default to 800x600 anymore"

*Edit* Added description from SilentPatchGF ReadMe.txt

This fixed it thank you so much!! Left the Movies folder as is and just extracted the zip file from the mentioned site to the game folder and that's it.