Sign in to follow this  
d3admat33

60,000 gaming rig

d3admat33

I'm making a new PC.  And this is the best I think I can get under 60k.

• Intel i5-6400 @2.7ghz~3.3ghz -  ₹14,850
  • Asus H170 pro motherboard - ₹11,150
  • Corsair Value Select ddr4 8gb 2133mhz - ₹3,600
  • Corsair VS650 650watt PSU - ₹4,625
  • WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm - ₹4,200
  • ZOTEC Nvidia GTX960 AMP! Edition 2gb - ₹16,250
  • Circle or Cooler Master Cabinet - (approx) ₹3500

Total - ₹58,175 

Any suggestions  or should I go for this. 

• Upvote 1

asder12345

What type of currency is this? South Korean Won?

d3admat33

Sorry, forgot to mention it. Its Indian Rupee. 1USD=65 Indian Rupee

Herbert Slaith

Here is an idea, downgrade your CPU and RAM choice, because it is really a sidegrade.

DDR3 vs DDR4 = same gaming performance

CPU - ANY 2nd, 3rd or 4th Gen i5 @ 3.2Ghz or higher is already perfect, there is no extra benefit to a Skylake CPU unless you buy a Titan or GTX 980Ti or AMD equiv or do SLI or crossfire.

The older the CPU you can get hold of, the more money you save for a better GPU, which is a lot more important for gaming performance.

My 2500k (2nd Gen i5) is running at 4.5Ghz and is still untouchable!

In otherwords, a GTX 970 4GB (or R9 390 8GB) + any I5 @ 3.2 or higher = Single GPU price/performance GAMING PERFECTION

Proof here:

And here! http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1158&page=6

• Upvote 3

Herbert Slaith

How about replacing your Graphic Card with Zotac Geforce GTX960 AMP Edition 4GB DDR5. Might go above your budget..

Using https://www.theitdepot.com/details-Zotac+Geforce+GTX960+AMP+Edition+4GB+DDR5+Nvdia+PCI+E+Graphic+Card_C45P25121.html 

as price reference.

Bad idea... the extra 2GB vram actually adds mostly NON to very little extra performance to games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-nvidia-geforce-gtx-960-2gb-vs-4gb-review

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1888-evga-supersc-4gb-960-benchmark-vs-2gb

asder12345

Its better for higher resolution and higher settings

d3admat33

Here is an idea, downgrade your CPU and RAM choice, because it is really a sidegrade.

DDR3 vs DDR4 = same gaming performance

CPU - ANY 2nd, 3rd or 4th Gen i5 @ 3.2Ghz or higher is already perfect, there is no extra benefit to a Skylake CPU unless you buy a Titan or GTX 980Ti or AMD equiv or do SLI or crossfire.

The older the CPU you can get hold of, the more money you save for a better GPU, which is a lot more important for gaming performance.

My 2500k (2nd Gen i5) is running at 4.5Ghz and is still untouchable!

In otherwords, a GTX 970 4GB (or R9 390 8GB) + any I5 @ 3.2 or higher = Single GPU price/performance GAMING PERFECTION

Proof here:

And here! http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1158&page=6

The cheapest i5 available on the amazon.in is roughly of the same price. SO, even if I assemble with older generation CPU+MoBo+ RAM it won't make a price difference of more then Rs.2000.

And the GTX970 is about Rs.10000 more .

fziert

The cheapest i5 available on the amazon.in is roughly of the same price. SO, even if I assemble with older generation CPU+MoBo+ RAM it won't make a price difference of more then Rs.2000.

And the GTX970 is about Rs.10000 more .

Good Config bro...I bought ASUS STRIX GTX 960 2GB few month back...its good for medium or high settings on 768p monitor(I have) for present and future AAA titles..If you want ultra on FHD monitor you should go for GTX 970 4GB as it is worth buy if you can spend more by downgrade your CPU , RAM and maybe MOBO as @Rainbow Rambo said.Dont buy in hurry...Just think about it :)  

Good Luck  :beer:

THE HACKER

hehehe take my soul and give me this pc please :P

take my life my repacks all things and give me this one :P

Herbert Slaith

Maybe you are able to upgrade to better GPU in the future then, hehe..! Agreed, if you are only buying all new parts and can't make it to better GPU now, why not get latest CPU, it does have benefits with other tasks like encoding and all that other jazz... lol.

But if you don't do that stuff, why waste money on zero performance gains?

• Upvote 2

Herbert Slaith

Its better for higher resolution and higher settings

No bro, it isn't... 960 2gb vs 4gb makes no difference to fps, except ac unity xD... 960 can't handle more than 1080p anyway.

Read and learn bro. R9 380 is the better choice for 10% fps increase in all games.

• Upvote 1

d3admat33

Maybe you are able to upgrade to better GPU in the future then, hehe..! Agreed, if you are only buying all new parts and can't make it to better GPU now, why not get latest CPU, it does have benefits with other tasks like encoding and all that other jazz... lol.

But if you don't do that stuff, why waste money on zero performance gains?

Actually I do some video encoding and also work on adobe premier.

SO, yeah I will get this, and maybe upgrade in 1-2 years.

Herbert Slaith

Actually I do some video encoding and also work on adobe premier.

SO, yeah I will get this, and maybe upgrade in 1-2 years.

Settled then, xD:) Just don't buy the wrong GPU, sounds like you want Nvidia for CUDA abilities..!